- Old Oak Country Club
- 14200 Parker Rd, Homer Glen, IL
In 1999 we hosted our first annual Handzel Open tennis tournament with only 30 participants.
Surprised by the rather low yet high interest of participation in our tournament we decided to give it another go. Having hosted our first tournament at a local park we thought it would be time to try a larger venue to support the larger amount of interest people had shown. The 2nd Official Handzel Open was held at the River Trails Tennis Club allowing us to have 60 players. Realizing the potential the tournament had we decided that the 3rd time around we would take the donations made by sponsors and the players entrée fees and donate them to charities. Since then our tournament has grown to support 180 players who are able to compete in 8 different categories. Due to the recent success we are proud to be one of the larger tournaments in the Chicagoland area. We are currently hosting the tournament at the Five Seasons Sports Country Club in Northbrook.
The past fifteen years we have donated over $100,000 to different organizations to help their cause. Thanks to our Sponsors and Participants we hope our tournament will continue to grow and help those in need for many years to come.
1. MEN'S OPEN PRO-AM
-FOR ALL TENNIS PRO'S, COLLEGE PLAYERS, FUTURE AND PAST STARS
2. MEN'S AMATEURS OPEN
-FOR ALL NON-RANK, NON-COLLEGE AND NON-TOUR PLAYERS
3. MEN'S 40 YEARS AND OLDER
4. MEN'S 50 YEARS AND OLDER
5. MEN'S 60 YEARS AND OLDER
6. MEN'S OPEN DOUBLES
7. MEN'S 90 DOUBLES*
*(Total age of 2 players must be 90 or over)
12 and Under Singles
For Information & registration call: Greg - (773) 725-6767 or Jack (847) 404-1939
Two matches guarantee for non-money price tournament categories.
17th Handzel Open Tennis Tournament - 9th-12th June 2016.
>>>CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<<<
1. All matches will be 2 or 3 sets, regular scoring.
2. Twelve-point tiebreaker will be used when set is at six-all.
3. Balls are provided.
4. Due to scheduling constraints, players must check-in 10 minutes prior to theirs scheduled match and are granted 15 minutes default times.
5. A minimum 10 minutes warm-up times.
6. Players will have up to an hour rest period between matches if necessary.
7. Tournament will be advanced or extended if necessary due to rain delays.
8. USTA rules for code of conduct will govern play.
9. There will be first round consolation match.
10. Please note that waiting time between matches may be longer than anticipated and you may have to play more then 2 matches a day.
11. Awards will be presented for 1st and 2nd places.
12. Entries must be received by June 1st, 2016.
13. First round matches will begin Thursday June 9th, 2016.
14. Two matches guarantee for non-money price tournament categories.